First up: Ben making chicken salad at ChopChop, complete with priceless gross-out expressions, because he is his mother's son.
Then, for Erin K, some of my thoughts about camping and food:
- This, over at family.com.
- This, from familyfun.com (note the 3 recipe links in the intro paragraph). Actually, this is worth looking at just to see the irate comments that followed, I am now noticing. Gosh, I turn out to be capable of pissing people off in the most unpredictable ways! You cook food in a jar? Fuck you!
- And this, from KitchenDaily.
- This piece, which I wrote for O Magazine a while back.
- And this poem, which I wrote for Literary Mama eons ago.
p.s. Who wanted to know about the cream-cheese frosting and if it would hold up? It definitely needs to be refrigerated. . . I think it would be good for an afternoon or so, but beyond that could get a little droopy. We froze the rest of the cake and have been eating it frozen, and it is crazy delicious.